Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dw i'n Casau Coffi! and now I have proof it's a bogus drink!


I have always hated coffee. One of the first phrases one learns in Welsh is unfortunately connected to this evil tasting brew. "Dw i'n hoffi coffi," is a phrase found on the lips of every Welsh learner, but I learned to say "Dw i'n casau coffi," instead.

Well here's further evidence from a study in the UK by the British Nutrition Association, which tells us that coffee does not provide the morning pick-me-up you though it did. Instead you might be simply experiencing relief from your addiction's withdrawals. Isn't that encouraging? - all ye who have been seduced by the great Seattle deception. Of course, the British Coffee Association intelligently replied, ""There are two sides to the debate and a wealth of scientific evidence suggests that moderate coffee consumption of four to five cups per day is perfectly safe...." Yep, you could see that one coming a hundred hectares of coffee plants away.

Coffee Haters unite against the insidious brown bean water, and learn the mantra -"Dw i'n casau coffi!" Pronounced - "dween casai coffee."

15 comments:

Agent B said...

you are from the devil.

And what the hell do the brits know?

Pastor Phil said...

Oh yeah, well who's suckin' down the evil black brew, and bowing before the circled mug each morning? Methinks ye have a Blue Mountain demon.

Anonymous said...

i'm not an addict! ;)

Pastor Phil said...

We'll be starting a DDA branch soon at the church, Carl. (Dunkin Donuts Anonymous, of course)

Mike Murrow said...

it is a drug.

i am addicted.

god bless america.

Pastor Phil said...

Mike,

You must be drinking American grown coffees. Kona maybe?

Webb Kline said...

As much as I enjoy coffee, I agree with the UK study. I've found that when driving long distances that if I drink coffee, it might give me a 10 minute boost, but it makes me more tired in the long run.

Pastor Phil said...

Yes folks! We have it from the voice of experience. US Truckers agree - coffee gives false hopes of energy. ;-)

Grace on You Webb.

Mike Murrow said...

lol. no what i meant was that only in america could we have some drugs legal and others (middle class white faves?) not.

but for reals... i gotta jet... i have a dealer who is gonna hook me up with a 1lbs of some sumatra.

Pastor Phil said...

You don't buy your sumatran in Kilos?

Mike Murrow said...

i would buy it in IV bags but i can't find it that way.

Adam Gonnerman said...

I drink iced tea and Mountain Dew. That means I'm still in my sins, right?

Pastor Phil said...

Hmmmmmmm...iced tea and Mountain Dew?

I'd let you pass the pearly gates. They don't carry the bitterness of that evil black bean water.

Marieke said...

Yay!! Fellow coffee haters unite! I myself am an tea drinker (and chai lattes are my splurge), but hate the nasty coffee bean *barf*

I'd take just about anything over coffee.

No caffeine addiction for me thankyouverymuch!

IZenBet said...

Hoffi coffi? Dw i'n hoffi coffi! Bore da! on my slow days morning iced coffi with skim milk is yummy and i only have one to wake me.
tho hoffi tea is better for evening, nice cup of mint or lemon or chamomile. Roobis is sweet for company.

:)

nos da