Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Thoughts on Bailout Plan Failure

Barney Frank says that Republicans were offended by Nancy Pelosi's partisan speech about the bailout plan, and so decided to punish the American people. I say, muzzle Barney, please.

In the final tally, 140 Democrats and 65 Republicans voted in support, while 95 Democrats and 133 Republicans voted against it. That is bipartisan rejection! Were 95 Democrats offended by Nancy? No. These are people who really had a problem with the bill.

I love this reporter's notebook view of the moments before the vote. Don't get uppity you anti-Fox News People. This is a great article of those few moments.

The Democratic Congressman from our region, John Tierney voted against the plan. Yeah John! One Democratic Congressman who voted against it, whose name I can not remember said that something this large should take more than 9 days to consider, because the best we could get is a bad plan. I'm with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there are a lot of people running around like Chicken Little. They're worried about the sky falling when it's just a little rain.

Pastor Phil said...

Hi Sonja,

A trillion dollar loss one day, and 600 billion dollar gain the next. Just bigger swings in our emotions when we all get scared. I asked our church family on Sunday who was fearful in this economic crisis. A much smaller percentage than I expected. Now that was encouraging to me.